Another scam DCS 100 ebay listing???

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
precertvideo
antispam: No

Another scam DCS 100 ebay listing???

Post by precertvideo »

This one made me think scam from the funny description & photos. This is a UK listing in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Having read another post here it involves "lorypj2000@gmail.com" user id: susiep38

The lorypj bit was in an image, not in text...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kodak-DCS-100 ... 7675.l2557
DCS serial no. survey
RC-760, EOS-1D & Ds Mk I, II, III, EOS*DCS-3, 5, DCS, DCS-200ci, 420, 460, D1, D1H & X, D2H & X, E2, F, F2, F3, F4, MVC-2000, 5000, 7000, RD-175, 3000, EF 50mm f/1.0, Audi S2, Porsche 911, GSX-R1000 K9
vqscorpions
antispam: No

Re: Another scam DCS 100 ebay listing???

Post by vqscorpions »

Yes, he is the first scammer in my previous topic (there were 2 scammers in my topic by the way). Exact the same guy but he was registered in USA before. Unfortunately still many people bidding on that ad. I still do not know how Ebay let people registered with different location very easy.
James
-------
Love IR photography. Love Kodak DCS
nik0web

Re: Another scam DCS 100 ebay listing???

Post by nik0web »

I reported that listing yesterday, but it's still up today. The listing was closed when I reported it. The fact that there's a photo with contact info makes any listing suspicious. They used a photo so that the bots can't detect the contact info. That's an old userid so it's possible that this is an account take over???

It's also possible that even tho this is a scam that the venue is unwilling to admit that one of their users was scammed.

You used to be able to contact bidders with a heads up but the venue wised up to that. Loss of commissions you know.

It's amazing that if someone is stealing a picture to use in a scam, why limit the pictures to only one. And why don't all those bidders look up previous sales and recognize the picture.

Also I'm concerned about how many others were scammed by this one listing, The ones who circumvented the sales on the venue and emailed the seller.
Keep your mirror up!