OT; Check out the D80

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
NIKON KIU

OT; Check out the D80

Post by NIKON KIU »

http://www.nikonusa.com/
Looks like Nikon is staying in the game...a 10.2 MP camera for $899.00
Who's gonna buy a Sony Alpha?
Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Well, not me, which might come as a surprise to some folks (referring to the Sony).

So far, I'm sticking with my Kodak 560, although I've been shopping for a 760 for the past couple months. ;)

Heck, most of my lenses are Nikkors anyway. I have a few Canons with a Zeiss and Leica or two, but the bulk are Nikkors. I certainly don't want to add a *fifth* lens mount to the kit! :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

Here is an article from Ken Rockwell:
http://kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80.htm
claimed to be compatible with AI and AIs lenses!
Nico, your wish seems to be coming.
Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
nikonnl
antispam: No

AI or not AI

Post by nikonnl »

Yes Kiu, I am happy to see that Nikon's latest products can be used with the older but solid AI/AIS-lenses. Nikon claims to have made more than 35 million lenses, but only most AF-lenses are usable. It is a pitty that cameras like the Nikon FM2/FM3a is missing the collapsible aperture prong (like F3/F4) enabling to use non-AI-lenses.
I started my Nikon digiflex-life with a D100 but swapped it for a D1 (and later D1X) because of the AI-mount. I do hope that all following models will have the possibility to use all Nikkors.
Nico