reading a pcmcia card ?

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
avinoam123

reading a pcmcia card ?

Post by avinoam123 »

hello all

i got my e2n from ebay last week.
found a battry that works.
and found pcmcia image memory cards (hg-10 and hg-15 , new)

camera works ok ,but i cant seem to download the images to my computer .

i put in a pcmcia/pci adapter that didnt work(errer 12? power?).
i put an ActionTec camera connect card reader (didnt work with windows XP)

do i need a a nikon/fuji card reader?
can i read of the camera ? if so , how?

thank you for any help

Avinoam123
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: reading a pcmcia card ?

Post by NikonWeb »

avinoam123 wrote:do i need a a nikon/fuji card reader?
can i read of the camera ? if so , how?
I have a feeling most people are using a laptop computer to read the old PCMCIA memory cards.

You can also use a regular Compact Flash card in a PCMCIA adapter. That's probably the easiest solution, but note that not all cards will work properly. Try with some older, smaller cards.

Good luck!

BTW - what's your camera's serial number?

Jarle
Camnut

Post by Camnut »

Hi, i don´t got one of those, but i got the ds-300 and because both cameras were made by the same maker at the same age and share internal bit (CCD, and surely all the card interface goodies) i'l assume with assumible risk the next assumption:

The cards that work on my ds-300 surely would work on yours.

I found this camera (DS-300) a joyride compared with DCS's , it work with a cheap asian compact-flash adapter, also with a sandisk adapter (both i got, both worked) also the camera ates with no problem all the 'normal for the era' CF i tried.

Two 8MB Canon cards, no problem (about year 2000 vintage)
One Lexar Media USB enabled 16 MB card (Yellow label)
Original HG-10 card (duh)

Bad news:
My smallest card after the 16 MB Lexar is a 128MB ExtreMemory, the camera recons fine the card size (The pics available grow accordingly) i can take pictures OK, also they look OK tru the TV output but when i put the big cards in my comp. all falls appart, the card only god chunks of useless corrupted junk. I´ll dunno if those cards would work with the camera tethered to my PC... anyways if they do, then te camera works "only for him" with cards up to 1 GB!