nikon E2Ns sold , NEW SN 7100007

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
avinoam123

nikon E2Ns sold , NEW SN 7100007

Post by avinoam123 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/FujiFilm-E2Ns-Camer ... dZViewItem

is 399$ a good price?

Webmaster edit: Removed one too many 0's from the serial number.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

Looks like a nice camera, but a little expensive, IMO. Especially considering that you can get a nice and very usable D1H for about the same price these days.

But: This is only the second E2Ns I've seen, so it seems like a relatively rare camera (normal E2N's are much easier to find). For a "real collector" I guess it's a fair price - if you really want it (even if I collect these things I don't consider myself a collector per se).

I'll add the serial number to the list. Thanks.

Jarle
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

I disagree with Jarle,

This is a super rare camera and the serial number is soooooo low,it could be a prototype!!!

Considering it sold for $9000 when new, it was cheap!!

The seller pulled the listing!!!!!

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

NIKON KIU wrote:This is a super rare camera and the serial number is soooooo low,it could be a prototype!!!
It's probably true that the E2Ns is rarer than many of the other E models, but that doesn't mean it's "super rare". Looking at the serial numbers recorded so far, practically all of them are in the xx000xx range. Prototype? I don't think so.

All of these cameras cost a fortune when they were new, but that doesn't mean they're worth a lot of money today. Unless you're one of those mad collector types that's got to have them all :-)

The camera was probably sold off eBay. Nothing strange about that. Happens all the time.

Jarle
avinoam123

fuji twin

Post by avinoam123 »

rare or super rare here is his fujix twin for sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Fujix-DS-515A ... dZViewItem

also not the most populer camera on the list
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

The Fujix twin has a much higher serial number then the Nikon.

But Jarle, we've been at it 2 and half years and we've only collected 5 serial numbers for this model, 3 fujix and 2 Nikons. Considering we have over 70 numbers now, that's super rare when talking about the E series camera which is pretty rare bird to begin with...

Interesting that ALL the DS-515a's collected, have 741xxxx serial numbers.

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
avinoam123

Post by avinoam123 »

FUJIX 515A SOLD FOR 266$