Using the D1

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Using the D1

Post by NikonWeb »

I've been looking for a dirt cheap D1 for some time. Today I found one. Didn't cost me a dime - is that a great deal, or what?

Have played with it for an hour or so. Nice camera, but it's so slow (shooting raw) you could fall asleep using it :-)

UPDATE: Just for the record - the above mentioned slowness refers to reviewing images on the LCD only. For shooting (when speed really matters), the D1 is comparable or even better than many later, and current, DSLRs. At 4.5 frames per second there's nothing slow about it. Having spent a few days shooting almost exclusively with the D1, I'm impressed. The D1 is still a very usable camera!

Jarle
Paul

Post by Paul »

Free is good. Does anyone know of a software that will tell you the articulations of the D-1's?
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

Paul wrote:Does anyone know of a software that will tell you the articulations of the D-1's?
Unlike later models, you can't check this yourself. But a Nikon service center should be able to help.

Jarle