NIKON E2 on Ebay

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Paul

NIKON E2 on Ebay

Post by Paul »

Just to let everyone know
I saw a Nikon E2 for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0085058364

Eight days left
avinoam123

and a ds-515

Post by avinoam123 »

its an E2s and not a E2

and theres a ds-515 for sell to

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKON-FUJIX-DIGITAL ... dZViewItem
spreefurt

Re: and a ds-515

Post by spreefurt »

avinoam123 wrote: and theres a ds-515 for sell to
But 450 USD is a little bit too much for a DS-515. Also when the included AF-Nikkor 4.0-5.6 70-210 mm is considered.
Ross_Alford

Post by Ross_Alford »

spreefurt wrote:
But 450 USD is a little bit too much for a DS-515. Also when the included AF-Nikkor 4.0-5.6 70-210 mm is considered.
It got 2 bids and sold; I like to see evidence that interest in these cameras is growing, it's just nice to think that others are interested, and who knows, maybe they will eventually actually be worth a bit. They really should be, once people stop thinking of them just as obsolete cameras and realize that they are extremely rare (seems to me from the serial number database that less than 2000 or so in total across all models were built) early transitional Nikons. At least I can hope so :)
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

Ross_Alford wrote:
spreefurt wrote:
It got 2 bids and sold; I like to see evidence that interest in these cameras is growing, it's just nice to think that others are interested, and who knows, maybe they will eventually actually be worth a bit. They really should be, once people stop thinking of them just as obsolete cameras and realize that they are extremely rare (seems to me from the serial number database that less than 2000 or so in total across all models were built) early transitional Nikons. At least I can hope so :)
Lets not forget, these things were sold for stupid prices when new, something along $10,000 or more :shock: :shock:

$450 is cheap....

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
spreefurt

Post by spreefurt »

The result of the auction of the initially mentioned E2s: 1139 USD. For those, who read this thread later and cannot find the auction listing: The E2s was described as "in full working order and great cosmetic shape". The complete (or more than complete) accessory was included (2 batteries, 6 memory cards, 2 card readers). And the auction included a Kodak DCS 200.

I think the accessory was the reason for the very high price. The E2/E3 cameras are often sold with incomplete or without accessories.
Ross_Alford

Post by Ross_Alford »

spreefurt wrote:...I think the accessory was the reason for the very high price. The E2/E3 cameras are often sold with incomplete or without accessories.
I think that must be it. I am still impressed by the sale amount. I had thought about bidding myself--it is a particularly complete outfit, and I really liked the original boxes. You can tell these were limited production items--no fancy graphics etc, just plain white boxes with some printed info.
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

Oooops,
got so excited., forgot to ask what the serial numbers were!

Did anyone ask the sellers about the serial numbers?

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NIKON KIU

Re: NIKON E2 on Ebay

Post by NIKON KIU »

Here is a fuji:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fujifilm-DS-505-aka ... tsupported

Ends very soon...

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
blakehoo

Post by blakehoo »

Auction ended in the middle of the night!

I would easily have bid up to $300, but just couldn't stay up that late.

Someone got a great deal.

I still use these cameras in photomicroscopy, especially the DS-565 and E3. Their resolution almost exactly matches that of higher magnification microscope objective/projection eyepiece combos.

The large pixel wells and relative lack of "crispness" is less important than maximum native resolution in this app.
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

Just for the record:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0038308876
Nikon E2
Winning bid: US $194.80

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

Regarding this last one (no 5200072), the seller wrote: "We are told that only #125 of these cameras were produced."

I asked if they had more info or documentation, but as expected - they didn't.

Jarle