Weekend trip to Paris

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

So, maybe it's a 'Quasi-Video 1000 Camera'? :P

It would seem to me that 'camera' is rather redundant when most any fool can see that it's a camera. However, marketing does like to accent the obvious, so it might well be so. :P

I know from many years of experience that *no one* puts together a Framus that they've dreamed up in *one* development pass. It always takes a couple of 'oops' passes before one gets things somewhere near right.

In fact, for something as far-fetched (at that time) as an electronic still camera, I'd bet a few beers that it took Nikon more than three passes at hardware from conception to product in the case of the QV-1000c.

It's *always* harder to develop something from scratch than it is to build on something else that's already in production. We already know that it took Nikon at least two passes on the E-series, starting with some in-production F4 bits and kibitzing with Fuji to boot......

So, maybe you are correct. C equals camera and not three or four development passes. I honestly don't think they pulled the QV-1000c off that easily: ;)

So, where's the 'beer input port' on the computer? All I see is something marked 'USB', but I don't think it stands for 'U Send Beer' !!! :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer