Large lot of working D1 bodies on eBay at good price

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Ross_Alford

Large lot of working D1 bodies on eBay at good price

Post by Ross_Alford »

Just thought I would let everyone know, a seller has obviously bought out a whole newspaper or something. He has 20 D1 bodies, which he says are in working condition, all for the buy it now price of $US125 each. He also says he will pick the nicest for the first buyers. None have batteries or chargers but some have straps, LCD covers, etc. If you already have another D1 series, or an E3 series, the lack of a charger is no problem, and batteries can be had quite cheaply on eBay. If you do not have a charger that could be a problem as they can be hard to get.

I actually was the first buyer, so am hoping to get a really nice one :D

I have no connection with the seller, so far have not seen the camera and won't for another couple of weeks as it is being shipped to my USA address, so I can't vouch for anything, but it's a good price and may be worth the risk if you don't have a D1. The seller seems like a genuine and nice person from correspondence.

eBay item number 260409653427

Unfortunately he only says he ships to the USA, but it might be worth asking nicely if outside the USA. I have found that sometimes people just do that by default.

Cheers,
Ross
nikonnl
antispam: No

Re: Large lot of working D1 bodies on eBay at good price

Post by nikonnl »

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D1-2-7-Digita ... 1|294%3A50
I already have some D1's; in comparison to the newer Nikon digi-reflex cameras images, made with the D1, aren't bad at all. If you don't print larger than A4 you'll have great pictures. A pity there are no battery chargers included, as some people ask the same price this man is asking for a camera.
Regards,
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.