Cheap DS-565 ending soon

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Cheap DS-565 ending soon

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi folks,

I've asked a couple of times, but it seems like these guys won't ship to Norway. With less than 12 hrs. left, this camera is still $9! Can someone please get it. It's driving my crazy to see it sitting there :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I suggest that you wait until the last few minutes before placing your bid. That usually (not always) works for me.

Jarle
NIKON KIU

YES SIR

Post by NIKON KIU »

YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND!
KIU
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Looks like it'll go for about the same as the one I just bought. :)

I notice that it's the same seller, too. Looks like he might have bought a pallet of surplus stuff that had some old DSLRs in it.....

Stan
Last edited by Stan Disbrow on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NikonWeb
Site Admin

3 hours 11 mins and counting

Post by NikonWeb »

..and the current price is $135.00.

Go Kiu! Good luck.

Jarle
NIKON KIU

Last second bidders

Post by NIKON KIU »

Did you see nsxdream (451) trying to snipe?
Unless I hear from somebody on this forum I am not letting anyone get them cheap :twisted:
You gotta pay if you wanna play :!:
BTW nsxdream (451) looks like a early digital collector,even buying Mavicas...
Kiu
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: Last second bidders

Post by NikonWeb »

NIKON KIU wrote:Did you see nsxdream (451) trying to snipe?
Hi Kiu,

Congratulations with your new toy.

Yes, nsxdream often does this. I think it's a good strategy. Stay quiet for as long as possible, and then make your move. You can save quite a bit of money this way. And you're right: nsxdream is buying a lot of this stuff. Perhaps he's checking this forum as well? If you're reading this, feel free to join us :)

Jarle
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

No, I don't think nsxdream is collecting. He's reselling. He's trying the time-honored auction practice of getting stuff cheap and then moving on to the next auction to see if he can sell it for a profit. I just took a look at both his buying and selling histories, and it's pretty easy to see what's he's up to here. ;)

This is something that's easy to do with eBay. Most auctions have poor descriptions and even poorer photos. That tends to keep the prices down. If one buys under those conditions, and then puts up an auction with a much better description and set of photos, then one can usually make enough money for the effort to have been worth it.

In this case, he's buying old stuff that's advertised as just that, and then angling his resale auctions towards the collector's market. Very clever, actually, and I wish him the best in his efforts. However, I don't think he's into collecting, per se, and so proabably will not wind up joining us here....

Stan
Amateur Photographer
NIKON KIU

NXDREAM

Post by NIKON KIU »

You do have a point Stan,but all collectors are always trying to improve their collection,so its not unusual to see a collector selling stuff because he is dumping his dupes.
But on the other hand,this same seller just sold two of these for around $150.00 so he knows betting around $146.00 is not going to earn him anything.
looks like he does more buying than selling also(like me).
May be he is having remorse selling his Nikons.
Kiu
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Originally I thought the same thing: that he was buying stuff to gain what he was missing in a collection, and then reselling what he didn't need. Then, I recalled the storage unit for a Kodak DCS-1, which rang a bell with that eBay ID. Sure enough, he's the one that bought that cheap and then has tried twice to sell it off for about 2x what he paid for it.

I then called up his 30-day bidding history alongside his 30-day selling history, and see several such items. When I looked at what he bought vs. what he was selling, I see where those items seem to be the same with a much better description and set of photos. So, I formulated a new thought. ;)

Now, it may well be that he's getting stuff to find that what he already has is better and then re-selling it. That's certainly possible. Looking at the rate that's he's buying and selling stuff, though, makes me think that it's probable that he's working the old buy-n-sell auction angle.

Not that it matters. Either way, it looks like he's having fun. :)

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer