Nikon E2N - jammed battery door

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
artinnikko
antispam: No

Nikon E2N - jammed battery door

Post by artinnikko »

hello guys, :D one of my nikon E2N cameras has jammed battery door with the battery inside. How can I open it without any damage? :roll:
Looks like the metal lever which fixes battery is stuck. :? Does anyone have repair manual for this camera?
I have seen many manuals for different Nikon bodies or Nikkor's but never one for Nikon E2-series.

thanks for help. :oops:

martin
Last edited by NikonWeb on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: Nikon E2N - jammed battery door

Post by NikonWeb »

Here's an illustration which may be helpful. The battery lock is spring loaded. When you push the battery eject handle, the lock mechanism moves towards the back of the camera body (to the left in the middle photo below). Unfortunately, due to the shape of the battery, it's going to be hard to insert anything into the battery compartment and manually move the lock when the battery is inserted. Photos of an actual Nikon E2N body, top photo is locked position.

Edit: Re-reading your post I now realize you have other E cameras, so you already know what it looks like. Oh well, maybe the above can be useful for someone else.

Jarle
artinnikko

Re: Nikon E2N - jammed battery door

Post by artinnikko »

Jarle,

thank you for the pics.. I do have several cameras, so I know the situation inside.
Problem is to insert anything next to the battery due to its shape. Looks like the
loading mechanism is lazy and spring doesn't work with the eject handle all the way to release
the lock.
thanks, for the initiative..