fujix DS 515 cards

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Jheinz

fujix DS 515 cards

Post by Jheinz »

can ANYONE using this camera please give me the exact make modle and brand of any cards your using with it , ive got a few on ebay but none seem to work , says change card , and id like to try a know working card before i take action thanks
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I know that one is the original Nikon EC-15 card, that's the one I use in my E2. Holds all of five Tiff shots.

The one in the E3s is a Microtech 80 MB, but I can't recall the exact model number and the camera is not with me.

The key is to stay below 128 MB in size, and you need the very old 5 volt 'High Speed ATA Flash'. You can't use a 3.3v card, nor one that's actually faster than what the old High Speed cards were, since they do not assert the proper pins to make the memory controller in the camera happy.

I went thru all this long ago, even attempting to rework a CF card adapter to assert the proper pins. That's when I found out about the memory limitation. The danged controller also knows that the CF card is 3.3v and won't work with it, even with the pins hotwired such that it *should* be happy. The dang thing is too smart for our own good!

Anyway, I'll post the exact model number for that microtech card later. I thhink we need to start another list around here! :)

Stan
Last edited by Stan Disbrow on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NIKON KIU

Names

Post by NIKON KIU »

Nikon EC-15
Fuji HG-15
Fuji HG-5

Note that the Fuji Hg-5 Would only hold one picture in the Hi resolution Mode!
KIu