Nikon marketing updated mirrorless DS-505A -- Reuters!

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Ross_Alford

Nikon marketing updated mirrorless DS-505A -- Reuters!

Post by Ross_Alford »

No kidding, this appeared in my Google news feed this morning, and it isn't even April 1.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/09/0 ... 3720110908

Have a look quickly before it disappears. I saved it into a pdf file, just in case. Be sure to hover your cursor over the image so you see the caption.
Stan Disbrow

Re: Nikon marketing updated mirrorless DS-505A -- Reuters!

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I don't think that a brick of an E2 is what Nikon would have chosen to illustrate a lightweight mirrorless DSLR!

And, if they did, they probably would not have chosen the joint-venture partner variant (DS-505) of it!

Just saying! :P

Where in cyberspace did they dig that old press photo up from anyway??

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

Jarle
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Thanks for inserting what we are chatting about (before it goes away and no one will ever figure this thread out again)!

I should have thought to do that! :P

I just noticed something. The caption under the photo leads one to believe that the DS-505A was announced on August 21?? No year given, but most folks would think '2011'.

Just which day and month did they announce this thing back in 1998?? I'm now curious if the date is somewhere near correct, and so this went unnoticed that it was really so long ago. Or, did someone pick up one of these old things on August 21 2011 and have her photo taken holding it?

The mind boggles! :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
nikonnl
antispam: No

Post by nikonnl »

Hi Stan (and others),
At the Photokina 1994 the E2 (DS-505) was introduced, but became for sale on February 15, 1995; together with the E2S (DS-515). The E2N was introduced on September 2, 1996 and the E2Ns on November 7, 1996.
Regards,
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.