Nikon Df

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Stan Disbrow

Nikon Df

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I suppose I am late to the game here, but just tripped across the fact there is a retro DSLR from Nikon called the Df. It reminds me of the old F3 somewhat. Without the Kodak storage unit, of course. Memory is a lot smaller these days!

Any thoughts??

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Nikon Df

Post by NikonWeb »

At first I was a little disappointed. Now, after a while, I don't know what to think. You get a cutting edge sensor and excellent image quality in a cool retro-ish camera that's less expensive than the top of the line D4. Unfortunately, I have a nagging feeling that the Df is too little - or too much - too expensive and perhaps a little too late. Personally, as a D4 shooter, I'd need to mess with different cards, battery and charger. Not ideal. Still, (parts of) the camera is very attractive and I may get one some day.

Jarle
Stan Disbrow

Re: Nikon Df

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I am thinking I will pick one up once there is a used market. I am still shooting with the old Kodaks using a pile of AI glass for the most part. Way back when I bought my first E2, this Df is the sort of camera I really wanted - and, of course, no one made.

I think the worst part of the Df is they left out the thumb 'film' advance lever! :lol:

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer