Expert guidance requested (Nikon F, F2)

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
teddy
antispam: No

Expert guidance requested (Nikon F, F2)

Post by teddy »

Greetings, With great regret I have decided to offer for sale my two Nikon SLR cameras. One is an “F” and the other is an F2. I would appreciate some expert guidance as to what would be a fair price (for both buyer and seller) on these two cameras. I am not a camera collector. However I have been led to believe through research that the F2 because of its serial number is of particular interest and probably has a higher value than others outside of that serial number. The serial number of the F is 6755330. It is fully functional and only has a small area of blemish on the area just above and to the right of the viewfinder. It only has a shoulder strap as the accessory. It has a Nikkor-S Auto 1:14 50mm lens #587930.
The F2 is a serial number F2 7877077 . It is in pristine condition with absolutely no blemishes. It is fully functional. It has a Nikkor 1:2 50mm lens # 3622843. It has a shoulder strap as its only accessory. If more information is required to more accurately access the value please ask and it shall be forthcoming. Please suggest price in either U.S. or Canadian dollars. Thank you for your assistance.teddy
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: Expert guidance requested

Post by NikonWeb »

This particular forum deals with early digital cameras. For better replies, I suggest that you try this one instead: http://nikonhistoricalsociety.yuku.com/ ... using.html

Good luck!

Jarle
teddy

Re: Expert guidance requested

Post by teddy »

Jarle, Thank you for the reply. Yes i was somewhat surprised to see so much discussion dealing with the "electronic" Nikons.I shall indeed follow your advice.Thank you,teddy