Hey! e-mail from Steve Jobs!

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Hey! e-mail from Steve Jobs!

Post by NikonWeb »

Many iPhone users have reported worsened battery performance after upgrading their 3G/3GS phones to Apple's latest operating system, iOS4. Having upgraded my own 3GS, I decided to ask the boss himself:

Any reason battery performance on a 3GS running iOS4 should be worse than it was running OS3?

Steve Jobs' reply came six minutes later:

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone

Now, if he would only approve the latest version of Hipstamatic, everyone's favorite toy camera app (the b/w "films" don't work properly after upgrading to iOS4). UPDATE: Only hours after posting this, Hipstamatic 160 was approved and is now available from the app store. Overrated, maybe, but still a fun app.

Jarle
Last edited by NikonWeb on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hipstamatic update
Stan Disbrow

Re: Hey! e-mail from Steve Jobs!

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Kewl! Maybe I should have talked to the boss directly last year. It's neat that he takes the time to reply. :)

You know, if a certain couple of companies had been interested, a little over a year ago, in the offer we made them to make contract useage of that specialized test lab I had here, they'd not have had the hand position antenna issues they have now.

That was the condition that my lab was designed to find in the development stage so it could be corrected before the product shipped.

When Sony Ericsson released us from the exclusive use of that lab, we went to several manufacturers and carriers trying to pick up some new contracts so we'd not have to dismantle the laboratory and sell off the bits. With the current economy, we had no takers.

I don't blame them, of course. The whole concept of having sensitive hand positions that cause radio link issues is one of those that's difficult to quantify and so is quite expensive to test for. So, when the money is tight no one wants to spend big bucks on testing that isn't a requirement anywhere.

The problem is that when such an issue does exist and it makes it into the marketplace it costs a whole lot more money than the testing would have to catch it early. Ah. Hindsight!

My hope now is that no one remembers what we were pitching just over a year ago because the whole mess is no longer around. It'd be a job and a half to recreate it.

later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer