SONY Video Camera HVC-4000P for sale

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
nikonnl
antispam: No

SONY Video Camera HVC-4000P for sale

Post by nikonnl »

Hi friends, anybody interested in a nice Sony HVC-4000P video camera in its original case? No recorder, nor microphone included. It has a Sonoptor 1.4/11-70mm macro-lens, built-in mono-mic, Sony Trinicon sensor and HVF-2000PA electronic viewfinder.
Regards,
Nico
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
nikonnl

Re: SONY Video Camera HVC-4000P for sale

Post by nikonnl »

Here a picture of the camera.
Nico
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Let me test my memory (wetware) here:

From the Betamax days. PAL encoding. Trinitron Vidicon tube for a sensor. Fairly good in low light, as well.

I'm not laughing, though. I still have, and use from time-to-time, an old Panasonic B&W portable camera/recorder that uses a quite sensitive vidicon tube.

I say camera/recorder as this is one of those where the camera is separate from the recorder, and the recorder goes either over your shoulder or as a backpack. Camera can be handheld, or has a shoulder bracket.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, uses 1/2 inch tape on 2400 foot reels. Not cassettes.

It was useful at racetracks at night. well, still is, but I don't get to use it much any more. :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Indeed, Stan, it is an old (1981) video camera with a Videcon tube, good for 260 lines. You need to carry a Betamax recorder (SL-F1UB or SL-2000) and a battery pack (BCP-220) on your back. In 1983 Sony introduced the Betamax camcorder (with built-in taperecorder). For collectors of older video cameras this nice camera (in very good shape) might be interesting. If someone can sent me a Nikkor-AI 50mm/2 in good shape he/she will get that camera on their doorstep.
Regards,
Nico

BTW: in two weeks time there is an open air camera fair in Doesburg near the Dutch/German border. If nobody is interested the camera will be offered there.
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.