Coolpix 300 wanted

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
nikonnl
antispam: No

Coolpix 300 wanted

Post by nikonnl »

Hi out there! I am looking for a Coolpix 300 for display in a Nikon centre near Amsterdam. If someone has one for sale (even if it doesn't work, but is complete) I am interested. Contact me via my site.
Thanks and regards,
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
nikonnl

Re: Coolpix 300 wanted

Post by nikonnl »

Hi collectors! Is a Coolpix 300 that rare? Does anybody out there has one (even not for sale)?
Please let me know via my site.

www.nicovandijk.net

Regards,
Nico
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

I don't have one. I think I've seen a couple of cameras on eBay, but it seems to be relatively rare. Also, it could be that people are simply throwing them away, instead of trying to sell them. Most people won't consider an old 0.3 megapixel camera worth selling (or buying). Good luck finding one!

Jarle
Paps

Post by Paps »

Hello,

I've got one Coolpix 300, bought 2 or 3 years ago on e-Bay, but sorry I don't intend to sell it.

The concept of this camera was quite interesting, it was looking like a Palm with the possibility to write comments directly on the screen / pictures with a little pen. It was may be to much "in advance" ad that time and probably didn't sell very well, which explains that it seems to be quite rare now. I also own a Coolpix 100 which is quite funny with its extractible PCMCIA memory card system.

Good luck to find yours.

Paps
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Well, I once had a CP300, but as someone else noted I didn't try to sell it, but simply gave it away years ago.

I kept my CP100 because, as noted, it's a real oddball with it's two-piece design that allows for it to have it's own PCMCIA card for offloading photos. Not that one would want to use a CP100 these days. Any camera imbedded in a cell phone takes better images! ;)

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
avinoam123

Post by avinoam123 »

NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

A Coolpix 300 has been listed on eBay several times lately. The highest bid is $26, which is still below the reserve price. In other words, it didn't sell. Item 110474170010 etc.

Jarle
Ross_Alford

Post by Ross_Alford »

I hadn't noticed this thread before. I have two of them. Will check and if they both work I'd be happy to come to some arrangement with Nico, if he's still looking. They are kind of cool gadgets.
avinoam123

Post by avinoam123 »

nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Stop searching friends! I've got 'm! For 9,99 USdollars I found a working Coolpix 300. Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.