ERR Nikon D1

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Paul

ERR Nikon D1

Post by Paul »

While I was hiking on Sunday My D! gave me the dreaded ERR code, and than decided not to work. When you press the button, you just get a buzzing noise. I bought the camera almost a year ago on ebay. At the time I was offered a Buyshiled extended warranty. (Endorsed by ebay) When I got home I check the contract and found out I still had 3 days left on it. this morning I called them, and after lunch I sent my camera in. Now I have to wait and see if their warranty is worth anything.

Cross you fingers.
nikonnl
antispam: No

Re: ERR Nikon D1

Post by nikonnl »

Hi, is it possible that the shutter or mirror is blocked? The sound can come from the shutter motor. When the camera was shaken or bumped it is possible that the shutter leafs are moved or blocked. It is also possible that a lens may give a problem when it is not mounted correctly. The auto focus drive shaft may be blocked.
Good luck!
Regards,
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

There's a good chance that a repair will be more expensive than another D1, but hopefully your warranty will cover everything, one way or another. 3 days left! Usually, it's the other way around! Good luck!

Jarle
Paul

Post by Paul »

Your right.
Apparently they are going to send me a check for what I paid for the camera.
So I found a D1h on ebay, and so far i am happy with it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

They did send me a check. The amount was what I paid for it. I would have preferred them to have replaced it. I got such a good deal on the camera that I could have sold it as broken on ebay for as much or more money. Still, its better than a swift kick.