Nikon E2s and E3s

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
ronvol
antispam: No

Nikon E2s and E3s

Post by ronvol »

I've been lusting after an E series camera, to fill the gap in my collection between the Kodak DCS-DC3 and the Nikon D1 series, for quite some time but have never come across anything worth buying as most of its been over priced junk.
Until now.
I'm now the proud owner of an E2s and E3s. Both are numbered 20 and both are brand new in boxes with original paper work and accessories. A lovely pair. I can't wait to try one out. Now to start looking for batteries and power bricks.

NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: Nikon E2s and E3s

Post by NikonWeb »

Pretty rare to see complete kits like these, with boxes and paperwork. Congratulations.

Jarle
ronvol

Post by ronvol »

Thanks Jarle. I can't wait to use them.
Ross_Alford

Post by Ross_Alford »

Very good luck there, getting 2 with boxes and cards etc.

Just curious--does anyone know if the neckstraps for these are unique? I wasn't paying much attention to Nikon AF cameras in the 1990s, so I don't know. They certainly look different from the 2000s design and from earlier designs that came with non-AF cameras. If they are unique to E series, then I'd definitely suggest leaving them in the bage, at least if they are sealed, and using a different strap when you try out the cameras.

Cheers,
Ross
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I don't recall the film cameras from that era having the red stripe on the strap.... maybe that was for the E-series....

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
ronvol

Post by ronvol »

This is from a Japanese brochure. Note the red stripe on the strap.
I also have never seen this on any other Nikon strap so it appears to be unique.