DCS100 sold for 300 Br. Pounds

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
nikonnl
antispam: No

DCS100 sold for 300 Br. Pounds

Post by nikonnl »

Have a look at the results of the SAS auction in GB.
http://www.specialauctionservices.com/l ... ge001.html

Amazing results for various Nikon D1's, D2's etc. but the most interesting is a Nikon F3 alias DCS100 with complete accessories in one case for 300 Pound.

regards,

Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
DENNO

Re: DCS100 sold for 300 Br. Pounds

Post by DENNO »

Trouble is that there are so many liquidation and surplus sites on the net that you simply can't watch them all. Some are also strictly limited to the country they are in, which makes it impossible for foreign collectors to bid too. This automatically leads to this result. Most likely it's not collectors who are buying these items but tech savvy's or electronics enthusiasts. If collectors like us were monitoring these sites then the final results would be much higher I guess. We all know that sets like these sell for around 3000-4500€ on eBay. The last known complete set (the infamous set from Isreal with the blemishes on the main screen of the DSU) was sold through "make an offer" for an incredible $8,000 by the way! So seeing this set go for such a low price to someone who may not fully appreciate the set, is really really painful.

http://www.specialauctionservices.com/l ... t0479.html
John Millham

Post by John Millham »

I bought it - and I appreciate its value, particularly as it seems to be brand new, complete and unused. I did make NHS members aware of the sale on the website, but nobody else seemed to be interested. There will be another sale on November 3rd. at the same auction house, SAS, Newbury, United Kingdom, and there will be some nice and rare items there, including a UV Micro Nikkor, which looks brand new. That will not be at a give-away price.
Regards, John
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Congratulations John!
If the set is working it would be interesting to see some pictures taken with the DCS100.
I have the original sales brochure of the camera but never had one myself.

Good luck.

regards,

Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
John Millham

Post by John Millham »

I will have a go at using it, but not for a few weeks, as I'm off to Italy in my old Lancia at the end of this week, then over to the NHS Convention in the USA. Regards, John
drummond93

Post by drummond93 »

John,
Congratulations on your acquisition- I'll also be interested in any photos that you're able to process and retrieve from the camera.

If you have the chance, would you be able to make a copy of the files on the 3.5 floppy disks and post to the website? (or email to me, I can post/ or host them to the website). Those files may not be usable on a current Windows machine (they may have been only for a mac-based system running Photoshop)... .but 'd be curious as to what they contained.

Thanks!
Nathan
John Millham

Post by John Millham »

I'll see what I can do. Finding a computer with a floppy drive might be a problem!
Regards, John
drummond93

Post by drummond93 »

John, thanks for the reply- I understand if a floppy drive isn't readily available, I'm sure I've got one somewhere as well, but I'd have to dig through some old computers to find one, and then figure out how to get it from floppy to the internet. I'm just curious as to what came with the original diskettes, but it's just for curiosity's sake.
Thanks!
Nathan
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Floppy drives with USB connection are sold worldwide for just a few Pounds/dollars/euros. See e.g. amazon and others.

regards,

Nico

ww.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
John Millham

Post by John Millham »

Took its portrait today, so I can show others at the Convention what it looks like. I would post a photo or two here, but I've no idea how to.
Regards, John
DENNO

Post by DENNO »

@Nico

Nico, would you mind scanning the sales brochure and posting it here online? I have never seen that one before!

Thanks.
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Sorry, I am not violating copyrights, thus no publications that are not mine online.

Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.