fujix ds 515 HELP

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Jheinz

fujix ds 515 HELP

Post by Jheinz »

does anyone know where to get batteries , chargers , and other accessories for the fujix ds 515 , which is the same i guess as a nikon e2n and info , would be real helpful!
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: fujix ds 515 HELP

Post by NikonWeb »

Jheinz wrote:does anyone know where to get batteries , chargers , and other accessories for the fujix ds 515 , which is the same i guess as a nikon e2n and info , would be real helpful!
Hi there and welcome aboard!

The DS-515 is the Fujifilm eqivalent of Nikon's E2S, not E2N, but it hardly makes any difference.

Unfortunately, these batteries and chargers are hard to come by. Unless you're lucky and find a battery/charger on eBay, you'll probably need to buy another (complete) camera to get the missing parts..

You can also use batteries from later E models (E3 series), but you'll need a different charger for these. The E3 uses a Ni-MH battery, while the older models use a Ni-Cd battery. If you can find a E3 Ni-MH battery you can use the D1 charger MH-15 or MH-16 (these chargers are easy to find).

Here's some info from a previous post: E2N uses a Nikon EN-1 battery (7.2V 1200mAh Ni-Cd) while the DS-565 uses a Fujifilm BP-D56 battery (7.2V 1150mAh Ni-MH). Physically, both batteries are identical, except for the charger plug.

If you don't need to use your camera in the field, you can also use Nikon's ES-1 AC adapter.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Jarle
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: fujix ds 515 HELP

Post by NikonWeb »

Webmaster wrote:Unfortunately, these batteries and chargers are hard to come by.
Seems like I spoke too soon.

You can buy a brand new BP-D56 from www.bhphoto.com for $89.95, and a new MH-16 charger for $219.95.

Most people will consider this way too expensive to play with an old camera (and I agree), so I suggest that you first try eBay. You can probably get another camera incl. battery and charger for the same price.

Jarle
Brian Sweeney

Post by Brian Sweeney »

I picked up two packs for my E3 from Ebay for $20 each. They hold a good charge, but were "as-IS". I figure in the worst case you can take the pack apart, buy a generic EN-4 which is the same 7.2V, and transplant the cells. I have an MH-16 from my D1, which was a LNIB outfit for $600.
Jheinz

thanks so far for all the help

Post by Jheinz »

thanks so far for all the help

im going to do my research and hopefully ill be back in business

also IS the ds 565 compatible with the 515?

thanks

jim
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: thanks so far for all the help

Post by NikonWeb »

Jheinz wrote:also IS the ds 565 compatible with the 515?
They can both use the same batteries, if that's what you mean. Doesn't matter if you're using an old Ni-Cd or a newer Ni-MH battery.

Just make sure you have the correct charger for whatever battery you're using.

Jarle
Jheinz

chargers

Post by Jheinz »

i guess thats where im confused

which charger goes with which battery?

if you could list the models together , that would be great the stuff is alttle pricy so i want to make sure i get the righ combo
thanks agaihn

jim
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: chargers

Post by NikonWeb »

Jheinz wrote:which charger goes with which battery?
Here's a list of the original batteries and chargers for each model:

7.2V NiCd Nikon Battery EN-1, charger: EH-1/EH-2 (Nikon E2 series)

7.2V Ni-MH Nikon Battery EN-3, charger: EH-3 (Nikon E3 series)

7.2 V NiCd Fujifilm battery BP-5D (Fujix DS-505(A)/515(A)), charger: Unknown (you can use Nikon's NiCd charger EH-1/EH-2)

7.2V Ni-MH Fujifilm Battery BP-D56 (Fujix DS-560/565), charger: Unknown (you can use a Nikon Ni-MH charger)

Again, you can use any of these batteries (EN-1, EN-3 and BP-D56) with any E/DS camera. Just make sure you have the correct charger (Ni-Mh charger for Ni-Mh batteries, and NiCd charger for NiCd batteries).

Since both Nikon and Fujifilm sold all the batteries and chargers using their own models names, there are several combinations that will work. For example, you can use Fujifilm's BP-D56 battery with Nikon's EH-3 charger.

And remember: All Ni-MH batteries (both Nikon and Fujifilm) can also use the Nikon D1 chargers MH-15 and MH-16.

Finally, you can also use Nikon's AC adapter ES-1 or Fujifilm's AC adapter AC-D56.

Hope this helps.

Jarle