External battery supply for the Kodak DCS 520 / 620 / 720

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
jroberts

External battery supply for the Kodak DCS 520 / 620 / 720

Post by jroberts »

I posted a similar message on pinouts a few days ago. I hope that this addition is not in violation of the sites rules. I am trying to build an external battery supply for my DCS which I purchased on Ebay without a battery or ac adapter. I need to have the pinout vultages of the battery and of the power supply and I am hoping that someone could perhaps tell me these things. I am under the impression that as far as the battery is concerned, besides the 7.2 Volt pins, that there is also some type of loop through that act as a system of informing the camera if an authorized battery is being used, thus a continuity tester may be required to determine the use of some of the pins outs on the battery.

As for the power supply, I think that there are 4 things that provide "information" to the camera, including the two main pins, plus the smaller pin and perhaps also the shielding itself.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone in this forum could measure the battery voltages and also the power supply voltages with a micro-meter and tell me the mystery!! I also would like to hear from anyone who has built an external power supply for these cameras. Thank you for your time.