DCS 400 Series: How to Replace the Battery Pack

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
dicc01
antispam: No

Re: DCS 400 Series: How to Replace the Battery Pack

Post by dicc01 »

Update on power supply - a Toshiba 15V 4A power supply worked. I checked the voltage, it maxed out at 15.4V. Soldered to the requisite pins as above, plugged it in, switched and ..... every LCD symbot lit up!! I really thought I had stuffed up the camera. But left it a minute (manual said things could go haywire with a dead battery) and it came good. I am now waiting on a new battery from duracell online. Good luck with your project,
easyjo

Post by easyjo »

Quite late on this thread now,I was just wondering if anyone could share the pin out document?
NikonD1X

Post by NikonD1X »

I did NOT read this post in 2005 and later – sorry. Now (2016) I was aware of this post...

So I did it a rough but working method this year. I clipped off the white cable and substituted the Kodak battery-pack with a holder containing 8 AAA 1,2 V Eneloop-cells:

And it worked perfectly! OK, I have to dismount and recharge the Eneloops separate... If you want more infos, please read an use Google Translate:

https://www.digicammuseum.de/geschichte ... 0xnc2000e/

Ralf
easyjo

Post by easyjo »

hi Ralf,

Thanks for this. I'm actually currently reconditioning the current battery (doing 5 full cycles), taking a while but hopefully it'll bring life back into them.

If I can't work out the pinout (I may gamble), I'll just have to stick with taking it apart for each charge.. would be nice to use the DIN though :)