Kodak 420 Sensor ribbon

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Paul

Kodak 420 Sensor ribbon

Post by Paul »

I pulled my old 420 out of the closet today. I could never get it to recognize any card. So I pulled it apart to see if I could see any burnt circuits. Everything looked perfect.
I went to put it back together and realized it had a ribbon cable for sensor. Took me a while to reattach it. I do not believe the ribbon cable had ever been locked in. It might not have even been attached when I took it apart.
Unforgettably I had cut the wire to the battery some time ago. But I plan ti re-solder the wires back on, recharge it, and try with the cards I have all over again.
I am wonder if anyone knows if an unattached senor ribbon would cause problems with the camera being recognized by the computer or the camera recognizing the card? And I am curious if some of these cameras came out of Kodak with the ribbon not locked down. Hmmm.