Pcmcia usb 2 reader

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
cosmicnode

Pcmcia usb 2 reader

Post by cosmicnode »

I recently bought a dcs 620 to add to my collection, more pcmcia cards, over time I have checked ebay for usb card readers with the result of non available or those available were usually silly prices. I found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321965342046? ... EBIDX%3AIT
I have just received it and loaded the kodak software onto my old laptop running Windows 10 and it works. It looks like something from the early 90's but it works, how ofted does that happen on old technology.
Mike
Mike
Stan Disbrow

Re: Pcmcia usb 2 reader

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

A good solution for the Kodak 5, 6 + 7 series cameras is to use a Compact Flash card in a CF to PCMCIA adapter. Then, there are tons of CF cards and USB to CF readers out there. Remember that the camera is limited to 2 GB maximum for the CF card. There are still tons of 2 GB CF cards out there right now, but get them soon as they are no longer made that small.

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer