See My E Cameras.....

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Post Reply
avinoam123
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:45 pm

See My E Cameras.....

Post by avinoam123 »

NikonWeb
Site Admin
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:12 pm
antispam: No
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: See My E Cameras.....

Post by NikonWeb »

Nice collection. Just be patient, and you'll find your E3s!

Jarle
NIKON KIU
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Washington DC USA

Re: See My E Cameras.....

Post by NIKON KIU »

NICE COLLECTION--->Thanks for sharing.
Image

I'm afraid the E3s is going to be really difficult to find, I estimate less than a couple of hundred were produced, It's easier to find the Fujix version.

Good luck on your hunt,

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NikonWeb
Site Admin
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:12 pm
antispam: No
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: See My E Cameras.....

Post by NikonWeb »

NIKON KIU wrote:It's easier to find the Fujix version.
Why? Looking at the serial number list, we have seen twice as many Nikon units: 10 Nikon E3s, vs. 5 Fujix DS-565.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48

Jarle
spreefurt
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: See My E Cameras.....

Post by spreefurt »

Webmaster wrote:
NIKON KIU wrote:It's easier to find the Fujix version.
Why? Looking at the serial number list, we have seen twice as many Nikon units: 10 Nikon E3s, vs. 5 Fujix DS-565.
That does not mean anyhing. This is the forum "Vintage Nikon DSLRs", not "Vintage Fuji DSLRs". Many of the Fujis will not be represented in the list. The ratio Nikon/Fujix would be interesting, but we do not know it.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:12 pm
antispam: No
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: See My E Cameras.....

Post by NikonWeb »

spreefurt wrote:That does not mean anyhing. This is the forum "Vintage Nikon DSLRs", not "Vintage Fuji DSLRs". Many of the Fujis will not be represented in the list. The ratio Nikon/Fujix would be interesting, but we do not know it.
Actually, I think it does. Most of the serial numbers are actively collected on eBay, so it doesn't matter what the forum is called. Also, looking at the entire list, we have 60 recorded Nikon units vs 29 Fujifilm cameras. Obviously, we can't know for sure if the units sold on eBay (and those recorded on this site), are really representative of the number of units sold by each company, but I think it's a good indicator. And: It's the only real info we have - everything else is just speculation. A Nikon/Fujifilm ratio of 2:1 sounds plausible to me.

Jarle
spreefurt
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: See My E Cameras.....

Post by spreefurt »

Webmaster wrote: Actually, I think it does. Most of the serial numbers are actively collected on eBay, so it doesn't matter what the forum is called. Also, looking at the entire list, we have 60 recorded Nikon units vs 29 Fujifilm cameras. Obviously, we can't know for sure if the units sold on eBay (and those recorded on this site), are really representative of the number of units sold by each company, but I think it's a good indicator. And: It's the only real info we have - everything else is just speculation. A Nikon/Fujifilm ratio of 2:1 sounds plausible to me.
OK, there is no hint, that the Fujis are more than the Nikons. If ebay is scanned regularly, the numbers are a good indicator for the ratio. But if you take the numbers found on ebay, the E2Ns should be very rare - but i do not think, that it is.
Post Reply