Shipping from Germany to USA...

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
bleos

Shipping from Germany to USA...

Post by bleos »

With the considerable international representation on this site I thought this might be a good venue to ask about this.

I recently purchased an interesting piece of early digital gear from a gentleman in Germany. As the item is bulky and heavy we are having a hard time finding a reasonably priced shipping option.

Anyone have any suggestions for shipping a 30 pound item from Germany to the USA? Delivery time is not urgent.

Thank you in advance for your ideas and suggestions!
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: SHIPPING FROM GERMANY TO USA...

Post by NikonWeb »

bleos wrote:Thank you in advance for your ideas and suggestions!
Surface mail is usually the cheapest (and slowest) method. I'm curious about the 30 pound item. What is it? Sounds like a Kodak DCS 100 kit?

Good luck!

Jarle
bleos

Surface mail is usually the cheapest (and slowest) method

Post by bleos »

hi jarle. thanks for your note. do you have any information on surface shipping providers? it seems that shipping from germany to the usa the only option is DHL and they are prohibitively expensive.

the item is actually a piece of canon equipment. it is the RT-971 transceiver that was used to transmit images from the canon rc-701 still video camera.

i was also wondering if the package was shipped from germany to another european country and then to me if that would turn out to be any less expensive.

thanks again!
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Surface mail is usually the cheapest (and slowest) metho

Post by NikonWeb »

bleos wrote:hi jarle. thanks for your note. do you have any information on surface shipping providers?
No, I'm afraid not. I'm not familiar with German postal services. Shipping via another European country is probably not an option. I can't imagine that it will be any cheaper.

Jarle