NASA 28MM F2.0

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
NIKON KIU

NASA 28MM F2.0

Post by NIKON KIU »

I saw this on ebay, offered by the Westlicht auction house.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/580-Ni ... la-image-3

Pretty crude markings...

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: NASA 28MM F2.0

Post by NikonWeb »

Without any paperwork, how can you be sure it's not home made? And even if it's a real "NASA lens" - so what? I admit it would be cool to have a piece of space flown equipment, but a normal earth lens like this? No thanks.

Just for the record: The 28mm f/2 is one of my favourite Nikkor lenses, but I'd rather buy a nice one without the ugly s/n markings and silly velcro.

Jarle
gsandberg

Post by gsandberg »

Considering the shiny paint, I do not believe it.

It might bave been NASA property at some time, but so has more stuff I do not care about.
But as the master says:
-where's the beef (documents/ provenance)
-has it been in space? can the seller prove it?

Regards, Gilbert.
Ross_Alford

Post by Ross_Alford »

The sticker on the lens says class III not for flight, so I would guess it has only been used on Earth. The lens cap is really strange; the lettering style looks like 1950s Nikon to me, and it is a screw-in cap; I've never seen anything quite like it with an AI lens, anyway. I am certainly not interested at the starting price...

Cheers,
Ross
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

Start price was EUR 600, and it sold for EUR 900 (approx USD 1230), with only one bidder ("LiveAuctionFloorBidder")?

Strange..

Jarle