"Zeiss SLR Lens Set with Case"

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
Ashley_Pomeroy
antispam: No

"Zeiss SLR Lens Set with Case"

Post by Ashley_Pomeroy »

I've ordered a couple already - not for the lenses, which I will throw away, but for the cases, because I need a case:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Pres ... -Case.aspx

"Carl Zeiss will introduce an attractive bundled lens set offer for its SLR lenses. The set contains the following lenses with F (ZF.2) or EF bayonet (ZE): Distagon T* 2,8/21, Distagon T* 2/28, Distagon T* 2/35, Planar T* 1,4/50 and Planar T* 1,4/85. This offer is a response to the strong demand from the HD Video segment for lenses with precise manual focus."

Only €4562 (excluding VAT) which is, joking aside, surprisingly reasonable. EDIT: In fact, if my maths are correct it's roughly what you would pay for the five lenses separately, plus you get a free case. And they are some pretty impressive lenses. A similar offering from Leica would probably have cost €14562; it would be the Ernst Lubitsch commemorative set with a snakeskin cover, because Lubitsch would have wanted it that way. And you would also have got some pretty impressive lenses. I mock Leica but if they offered me an M9 I would jolly well say yes. Although it would be nice if it had high-def video.
Stan Disbrow

Re: "Zeiss SLR Lens Set with Case"

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Heck, I still want an R9 with a DMR. The upgrade from a Kodak 760c, as it were. What stops me is the cost of the glass to hang on it! If only there were a way to adapt Nikon glass to a Leica (sacrilege, I know!).....

Of course, if I were given an M9 (or even an M8), I'd change my mind about the DMR and find a way to buy at least one Leica lens. :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Hi Stan,
for 180 USdollars you can buy an adapter to place AI/S and AF-Nikkors (not G-Nikkors) on Leica M-bodies. Stephen Gandy (www.cameraquest.com) sells them. Good luck with finding a cheap M8.
Regards,
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Kewl! That's an option I was unaware of. But, then, upon further reflection, I ought to have guessed it. ;)

As far as finding a cheap M8, it's a matter of time. All digital stuff starts out costly, then slides down to where it's almost free, then heads back up again as it becomes collectable.

I can easily see having an M8 alongside the 760. Now, *there* would be a great photo subject - put them side-by! :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Ashley_Pomeroy

Post by Ashley_Pomeroy »

I wonder if Leica would mind if you called it the "Leica Mate". It's a cute name; sounds like Yashicamat or something. They used to have cute names, like OESBO and SEOOM and so forth.

Along similar lines there's a fantastic Contax N Digital outfit on eBay.co.uk right now, with a free Contax N1 thrown in, and a lens and power pack and so forth. In the great game of photographic one-upmanship it would be a powerful weapon.