Minolta RD 3000

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
NikonD1X
antispam: No

Minolta RD 3000

Post by NikonD1X »

Hi everybody

Is there someone, who could help repairing a Minolta RD 3000? Someone with a corresponding experience or knowing an internet-source (link) for a repair manual (PDF)?

I got an almost working Minolta RD 3000 with one problem. First I thought it is a sensor- electronics-(board) problem because I only get "half" pictures. Controlling the pics with Photoshop I saw that it is not the sensor/electronics. Something in the inside of the RD 3000 protudes the optical path.

Therefor I have to open the RD 3000 to find the loose part and fix it. Can anybody help?

Ralf
nikonnl

Re: Minolta RD 3000

Post by nikonnl »

Hi,

I think there is a problem with one of the mirrors. The camera delivers images from a pair of 1.5-megapixel CCD imagers using a half-mirror prism. The prism splits the image into left and right halves, each of which is projected onto its own CCD. The two images are then seamlessly rejoined, becoming a single 2.7-million pixel image. To downsize the part where the light passes through from the condenser lens to the half-mirror prism, three mirrors are included to bend the path three times. The second and third mirrors eliminate unnecessary infrared rays, without affecting the CCD's visible light sensitivity. You may have a look if the various mirrors are all in place. I will look if I have a repair manual.
Parts os above text I've founnd onn the net.

regards,

Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
NikonD1X

Post by NikonD1X »

nikonnl wrote:Have a look at the site below.

http://www.manualsparadise.com/service- ... 78417761-1

Good Luck!

Nico

http://www.nicovandijk.net
PHANTASTIC!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I will report if it's going on...
Ralf
NikonD1X

Post by NikonD1X »

nikonnl wrote:Hi,

I think there is a problem with one of the mirrors. The camera delivers images from a pair of 1.5-megapixel CCD imagers using a half-mirror prism. The prism splits the image into left and right halves, each of which is projected onto its own CCD. The two images are then seamlessly rejoined, becoming a single 2.7-million pixel image. To downsize the part where the light passes through from the condenser lens to the half-mirror prism, three mirrors are included to bend the path three times. The second and third mirrors eliminate unnecessary infrared rays, without affecting the CCD's visible light sensitivity. You may have a look if the various mirrors are all in place. I will look if I have a repair manual.
Parts os above text I've founnd onn the net.

regards,

Nico

http://www.nicovandijk.net
Hi Nico

I think it is a little bit different. Please have a look to the RD 3000 sample:

The right half of the foto seams to be exposed through an very strong Grey-Filter...

Ralf